Notwithstanding the ubiquitous pink ribbons and the fact that we should be proactive about our health, it is all too easy to keep pushing back an OB/GYN appointment on your schedule. Are you tempted to hit the snooze button on that reminder yet again? If so, you might want to think again. Below, this affordable OB/GYN clinic in East Chicago, Indiana is going to discuss eight reasons why you should visit your women’s health doctor.
Reasons to Visit an Affordable OB/GYN Clinic in East Chicago, Indiana
1. According to Breastcancer.org, an estimated 43,600 American women will die from breast cancer this year. Breast cancer often exhibits no symptoms when it’s at its most curable stage, which is why it is important to have regular breast cancer screenings from your OB/GYN in East Chicago, Indiana. The sooner you detect it, the greater your odds of a successful treatment.
2. Apart from skin cancers, breast cancer is the most common form of cancer among American women. According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), a woman’s risk of developing breast cancer at some point is about 13%.
3. The ACS’s estimate for cervical cancer in American women is eye-opening. It is estimated that 14,480 women will be newly diagnosed in 2021, with 4,290 dying due to the disease. As with many other types of cancers, early detection is key to a successful treatment outcome, so do not hesitate to schedule an appointment at an affordable OB/GYN clinic in East Chicago, Indiana.
4. Cervical cancer is most common in women between the ages of 35 and 44, so do not make the mistake of assuming that you are too young to be concerned about regular cervical cancer screenings. A Pap test can help your East Chicago OB/GYN detect pre-cancers before they become invasive.
5. At-home pregnancy tests are not 100% accurate, and there are situations where the test can show a false result. As such, if you think you might be pregnant, you can visit an affordable OB/GYN clinic in East Chicago, Indiana to receive a more accurate pregnancy test. Many healthcare providers, like 219 Health Network, offer free pregnancy testing.
6. Some curable sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), such as Chlamydia and Gonorrhea, are known to cause pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) or infertility. Furthermore, they may not exhibit any other symptoms until it’s too late. Regular STD screening from your OB/GYN in East Chicago will keep you healthy, especially if you hope to have a child someday.
7. Premenstrual syndrome (PMS) affects around 85% of women. Medication is sometimes required to manage severe PMS in a healthier, more effective way. Speaking with your OB/GYN about the severity of your PMS symptoms can be helpful during that time of the month.
8. About 75% of women will be diagnosed with a vaginal yeast infection at some point in their lives. An OB/GYN is an expert in detecting and treating these types of infections, so you don’t have to rely on guesswork.
There you have it: eight reasons to stop postponing your visit to an affordable OB/GYN clinic in East Chicago, Indiana. Don’t wait to get out there and get your annual check-up — at the end of the day, it could make a world of difference.
Looking for an Affordable OB/GYN Clinic in East Chicago, Indiana?
Are you looking for an affordable OB/GYN clinic in East Chicago, Indiana? If so, 219 Health Network is here for you. Our goal is to provide the highest quality care at the most affordable cost to our community, regardless of socioeconomic status. Contact us today at (219) 398-9265 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how we can help.